1. You get sick more often. Our immune system gets weaker when we’re not getting any. Want to avoid the cold and flu? Have more $ex. Sounds like a win-win preposition if you ask us.
2. Your stress levels increase.You can get more anxious because there’s a decrease in “feel good” hormones being released, says Doctor. Lack of $ex is stressful. Even studies have shown that when you’re going through a $ex rut, you absolutely have a harder time dealing with stress-inducing situations.
3. You have a harder time getting aroused.On the other hand, men could begin to suffer from erectile dysfunction, specifically premature ejaculation. (Hey, the penis IS a muscle. It’s like they say at the gym: use it or lose it.)
4. Your dreams change.On the positive side of things, you may start having $ex dreams or even orgasm in your sleep. It’s not the same as the real deal, but it’s a nice substitute.
5. You lose urge to have $ex.Dr. Honickman says that you will start to want $ex less if you haven’t gotten any in a while. Your libido is going to feel off or different than it normally does. And it’s normal that it feels abnormal.
6. You grow apart from your partner.If you’re in a relationship, you may start getting insecure about the connection you have with your honey. To that end, other people are going to become more attractive to you. Take this as a sign that a healthy $ex life is important.
7. You self-esteem might suffer.You may feel less attractive and more sad. It’s believed semen has anti-depressant qualities — and no, that’s not just something men have made up so we blow them. Using a condom can have these negative reactions as well.
8. For men, the risk for prostate cancer rises.It’s more than your immune system. Dr. Honickman says a man’s risk for prostate cancer rises if they go without having $ex for long periods of time. That seems pretty unfair. No orgasms AND you might die. Thanks, universe.
9. Your vaginal walls get weaker.Having $ex can be like a workout for your Kegels. So even if you aren’t getting any, it’s important to remember to do your Kegel exercises on a daily basis.
10. Your risk of STIs will decrease.Hey, there’s a silver lining for everything. And interestingly, so does your risk of UTIs. Most of these occur within 24 hours of having $ex. No $ex, majorly decreased chance of infection.