by w00t / 2,097 Views
by w00t / 2,641 Views
by w00t / 11,510 Views
If your intake of sugar is moderate, you won’t be at risk, but if you consume great quantities of it, whether it is through foods or drinks that contain a lot of added sugar such as sodas, pouch juices, breakfast cereals, yoghurts, candy, salad dressings, then you are at an increased risk of putting on weight.
Honey, pure fruit juices, raisins, bananas and mangos all contain sugar, but in the form of simple carbohydrates. In case of sugar overdose, the body experiences symptoms such as consequent fatigue, hyperactivity, depression, headaches, yeast infections, sinus issues, colds, sleepiness, and mental disorientation. Moreover, too much sugar may trigger health issues like heart diseases, diabetes, development of cancer, especially breast cancer.
How weight gain and sugar consumption are related?
When we take in sugar, our body uses it as much as it needs it, and the energy levels of our body boost. The rest of the sugar that remains unused is stored as fat. The added sugar differs from the natural one. It reaches the intestines and reacts with the intestinal bacteria, thus increasing the level of blood sugar which in the end results in fat visible in the hips, waist, and thighs.
Say NO to sugar
Do not think that it is impossible to quit sugar. However, while you are in this phase of quitting, you will most likely experience the classic withdrawal symptoms of any addiction such as headaches, sadness, fatigue, queasiness, and cravings. The sugar cravings usually appear after the meal is digested, when the body sends signals to the brain that it is not hungry anymore. This is when you opt for a sweet dessert.
Make sure you stay away from added sugar and do not consume it. Start step by step, with reducing the amount at the beginning, as if you quit it at once, you will only want more. It is recommended that you start by cutting one added sugar at a time. You will surely experience cravings and you will not feel very good, but soon you will start feeling better and your health is going to improve significantly.
A 2-day diet plan which does miracles
breakfast: eat one cup of oats, and add some berries and almonds/seeds to it, or eat three eggs, boiled or scrambled
morning snack: take one bowl of nuts
lunch: eat chicken breast and add some cooked butternut squash, beets, turnips, carrots, parsnips, almonds and beans
dinner: have broiled fish and a bowl full of green beans, or you can either have salmon and fried broccoli and mushrooms
breakfast: have a cup of steel cut oats and berries/seeds/almonds or three scrambled eggs with some spinach
mid-morning snack: have a smaller bowl of nuts
lunch: consume grilled zucchini and yellow and red peppers with some lemon, vinegar and thyme dressing, or a salad made from shredded red and green cabbage, and shredded carrots with olive oil, salt, lemon and parsley
dinner: have soap made of beans or baked cod and steamed green vegetables with vegetable casserole. You can also have baked cod with stir-fried bok choy and roasted Brussels sprouts and turnips instead
breakfast: have a cup of steel oats with seeds, berries and almonds for breakfast, or an omelet made from three eggs and shrimps with sautéed kale, radish salad and walnuts
mid-morning snack: a small bowl of nuts
lunch: prepare roasted chicken thighs with some lemon, rosemary, and sage, or chicken roasted in oven, with thyme, black olives, and onion
dinner: for dinner you should consume mushrooms with onion, garlic, broth, celery, carrots, thyme, and bay leaves, or penne pasta from brown rice with sauce made from mushrooms, tomato, and basil.
Sugar detox drinks
Taking in consideration that you should stop consuming the sugary drinks, you should replace them with these detox drinks which will help you boost your metabolism.
detox water: for preparation of this beverage you should chop berries, strawberries, grapefruits, oranges and some fresh rosemary and mint, and then put everything into a jar and add water to the jar. store the jar in the fridge and drink this beverage on a daily basis
tea: start consuming green or any herbal tea three times a day, but do not add any sugar to it
coffee: make sure you do not drink more than one cup of black coffee a day, and that you do not add sugar to it
This diet plan will keep your sugar cravings under control, so you should not hesitate anymore and start the quitting process right away.
by w00t / 5,404 Views
Every girl loves to wear that slim jeans that she has in her wardrobe. But, more usually than not, she would be finding it difficult to wear the jeans due to the surplus baggage that she is carrying around her waistline. If you are also a victim of excessive fat deposits around your waistline, then you need not worry about it anymore. You also do not need to undergo painful and expensive medical procedures to get rid of the excess belly fat. There are less painful and cost effective tips that you can follow that will help you to get the desired belly size that you have been searching for some time. These belly flattening tips have been suggested by experienced nutrition and health experts and will shrink your tummy size to size zero. It will also help you to easily wear those slim fit and low waist jeans that you always wanted to wear.
1. EAT DURING THE MAGIC HOUR
It is considered by many nutrition and well being experts that the time between 3 pm and 4 pm is the magic hour. It is the ideal time for you to eat a diet rich in proteins. You can think of munching on a small piece of low fat cheese, or a protein bar or some almonds with an organic apple. Make certain that you eat the protein snack every single day.
• This snack will help in boosting your metabolism and balancing your sugar levels.
• It will help in lowering your insulin levels which will in turn reduce the fat stored in your belly area.
• Make sure that you eat every 3 to 4 hours to maintain blood sugar levels.
2. EXERCISE BALL
Doing the ball exchange exercise three to four times a week will help you to maintain a flat belly for life. This has to be coupled with proper and nutritious diet.
• Lay flat on your back and place your arms over your head. The legs have to be straight out.
• Grab hold of the gravity exercise ball and hold it above your head with your hands.
• Now slowly move the ball towards your chest and during this process lift your legs to meet the ball and place it between the ankles.
• Now bring the ball to the floor with your legs and the arms must be straightened out over your head.
• Repeat this exercise 10 to 12 times every day.
3. EAT CONTROLLED MEALS
One of the best ways to enjoy flat belly is to eat controlled and portioned meals that is rich in whole grain foods and monounsaturated fats. Eating lots of whole grains are an ideal solution to lose more abdominal fat.
• Adding brown rice, barley, oats, Quinoa, whole wheat bread and Kamut to your daily diet will help you to easily lower belly fat.
• It is also ideal for you to include foods rich in monounsaturated fats like peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, olives, nuts and whole milk products in your daily diet to reduce belly fat.
4. CARDIO EXERCISE WITH BOXING
It is ideal for you to do cardio exercise four to five times a week to maintain your body weight. Adding boxing punches along with your cardio exercise is a sure shot way to crunch your abs and to lose belly fat faster.
• Boxing along with cardio exercises will help you to burn more calories from your belly.
• You need to add one or two pounds of arm weights in your hands while doing punching exercises to really work on your core and to strengthen it.
• Twisting your torso and throwing some punches everyday for 15 minutes during your 30 to 45 minute Cardio workout will flatten your midsection effectively.
5. REDUCE SUGAR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
If you would like to maintain a size zero belly figure, then you need to totally cut down on your sugar intake. Make sure that you eat as low as zero grams of sugar as possible to reduce belly fat easily. This will help you to keep your insulin levels low.
• Make sure that you keep your insulin levels low at all times by totally avoiding intake of sugar.
• This will help you to increase the glucagon which is a hormone that will help to maintain flat belly.
6. CHEWING FOOD
One of the mantras that will help you to reduce your belly fat and bloating is to keep chewing your food in your mouth for a long time. Better digested food will result in less bloating.
• Chew the food that you intake until it is like a sauce in your mouth.
• Never try to swallow your food as this will increase your intake like anything.
• Chewing food will help in proper digestion of the food as digestion starts in your mouth. This will also reduce the intake of food considerably and thereby prevent bloating of the belly.
7. BEST FLAT BELLY MENU
If you want to reduce your belly fat quickly, then you need to follow this flat belly diet every day.
• For Breakfast: Take a slice of whole wheat bread or whole grain bread with natural peanut butter. Then, take a cup full of your favorite berries.
• For Lunch: The ideal menu that you can think for lunch is cherry tomatoes dressed with little olive oil and fresh lemon juice; grilled tofu and spinach salad with sliced avocado.
• For Snack: Two tablespoons of sunflower seeds with a cup of fat free yoghurt.
• For Dinner: Roasted sweet potato, grilled salmon or fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids, olive oil sautéed asparagus with garlic.
8. LAUGHTER YOGA
Laughing is one of the best natural remedies that you can think of to strengthen your abs.
• Laughing will help in strengthening your abs and will help to tone your abs.
• You can also think about joining laughing yoga classes to help you to reduce your belly fat by strengthening your belly.
9. DRAW ATTENTION TO OTHER BODY PARTS
If you feel that you do not want people to notice your bloated middle area, then you need to divert the attention of the people from your mid section to a different part of your body.
• If you feel you have attractive and trim legs, then you can wear skirts or slim pants or half pants.
• You can think of revealing your shoulders by baring them a bit with deep neckline or with a boat neck.
• Showing a bit of cleavage with the use of a correct bra will make people forget about your bloating mid section.
10. DCBA APPROACH
If you would like to enjoy flat belly within two to three weeks and to lose two inches round your belly, then you need to follow the DCBA approach which is diet first, cardio second, building muscles third and abdominal exercises last routine.
• You need to think of spending an hour of your day preparing the healthiest meal for you.
• Take 20 minutes of your time in a day to do cardio exercises for three to five times a week.
• You need to spend 15 minutes of a day doing strength training and muscle building exercise for three to four times weekly.
• Follow this up by doing a five minute abdominal exercise for three times a day every week.
Following these steps and make them an every-day routine will give you the wanted results, we promise that to you. All you have to do is to follow our instructions and to give yourself a promise you will maintain continuity.
by w00t / 17,891 Views
We all spend a lot of time and money on many different products that we find on the market to make our hair look perfect.
If you want to have perfect hair like the models you see on TV, here’s something surprising that you probably didn’t know: you might not really know how to wash your hair the right way!
All you need to do is to use the right techniques that can make a world of difference in your hair’s health, bounce and shine—but if you’re making some common mistakes, you could be damaging your lovely locks without even realizing it.
We asked two of New York’s foremost hair pros, Kyle White, lead colorist at Oscar Blandi Salon and hair stylist Nunzio Saviano of Nunzio Saviano Salon in New York and, to share their best tips for lathering up—and doing it the right way.
YOU SHOULD START WITH A RINSE.
Just like your laundry needs a rinse cycle before you add detergent, hair should be completely wet before you add your shampoo. This will enable the hot water to open the cuticle, which is good for removing any dirt from the hair.
IF YOU HAVE LONG HAIR, CONDITION FIRST AND THEN SHAMPOO.
If your hair is beneath the shoulders long, protect fragile ends from drying out by running a small amount of conditioner through them and lightly rinsing, before any shampooing. This will not only keep ends healthy, it will fill any holes in the cuticle with moisture, making it smoother and boosting shine,” says White.
LATHER UP — BUT ONLY AT THE SCALP.
“You only need to shampoo the hair at the scalp, particularly at the nape,” Saviano says.
The best way to lather up is from roots to ends. The hair closest to the scalp is the youngest and will inevitably be the oiliest, while the end of the hair is the oldest and usually driest, most fragile part of the hair.”
Don’t use more shampoo than you need, a quarter-sized amount of shampoo is enough. If your hair is particularly long or thick, go ahead and double that.
Rubbing can permanently damage your hair’s cuticle, leading to breakage and frizz. Try to wash your hair like you hand wash your delicates — very carefully.
DON’T RINSE AND REPEAT.
Despite what the instructions on the back of your shampoo bottle may say, there’s no need to wash your hair twice.
“Avoid stripping the hair by doing one shampoo only, which is usually sufficient,” says White. “Unless the hair is extremely dirty and the first shampoo didn’t produce lather,” in which case, go ahead and lather up one more time.
ADD CONDITIONER FROM THE MID-LENGTHS TO THE TIPS.
After you’ve rinsed out your shampoo, “squeeze some of the water out of the hair before you put in the conditioner,” says Saviano.
“Then clip your hair up and finish showering, leaving the conditioner rinse out for the final step of your shower.”
The longer the conditioner stays on your hair, the better it absorbs. Don’t put conditioner at the roots of your hair; the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there.
FINISH WITH A COLD WATER RINSE.
“Cold water will shut the cuticle tight, sealing the shingle-like outer layer, which will cause it to reflect the most light and give off the most shine,” says White.
More Hair Washing Tips…
How often you wash your hair depends on your hair type, too. If you have oily or fine hair, you may need to shampoo daily. Normal or dry hair can lather up closer to three times a week.
Use a shampoo and conditioner that’s made for your hair type. If your hair is dry, choose moisturizing products. If you color your hair, opt for color-safe formulas.